This week, the Government released its Cyber Security Strategy: 2022 to 2030. The strategy sets out the government’s approach to building a cyber resilient public sector with five key objectives:
- Manage cyber security risk
- Protect against cyber attack
- Detect cyber security events
- Develop the right cyber security skills, knowledge and culture
- Minimise the impact of cyber security incidents
Throughout the strategy the Government stresses the importance of ‘secure by design’ which is something we at Tricerion promote as a key element of strong cyber security.
While the strategy focusses on public sector organisations, many of the strategy’s desired outcomes are similar to those that private sector organisations should also hope to achieve for better cyber resilience.